Sunday 3 January 2010

Sikertelen szombat - Unsucsessful saturday

I hope the year wont be like its first two days, and especially not like the first saturday. Grr. Sometimes things just doesn't work out for me - i mean nothing works out the whole day. Sometimes though, now being closer to 30 and putting on some wisdomlike shell during the years, i can stop in the middle of it and prevent things to get even worst. Sometimes.

Yesterday i went to the library to get some background information for American Gods. I looked for something on norse mithology in the first place, and then maybe something native american and egyptian.
I scanned the two sections about "introduction to religions", and everything i could find in the norse/scandinavian/viking stuff were two books - one a practical guide for modern pagans, the other a big album full with whole-page photos. Nufffing else. No myths, no cataloge of gods, or rituals, nor anything about the Eddas, nothing. One shelf was half empty, so maybe someone took all the norse stuff and i just came in the wrong time, but hell. This was really annoying.
The egyptian books were all big ones or practical guides of how to use ancient wisdom in modern life, so i only took one about indians (the smallest and least flamboyant). Plus two more about them from the American history section i stumbled upon on the way out.

Armed with the three books, i went to have a coffe and muffin for lunch, the usual saturday treat :) At the till i realized i only had 3 pounds and some pennies in cash, so i tried to pay with card - but i could not. So i had to send back the muffin and have only a vanilla latte :( I was so embarassed and slightly angry about all these that i sit down at the table with big armchairs instead of squeezing in the little table near the toalett door (otherwise the place was full) and forget to put sugar in the coffee. To my surprise it was still drinkable, and the other people didn't made a mess about me occupying the better place. Whatever.

Ah and after that i spent the whole afternoon trying to make up my courage and telling my cousins i dont want to go out 'coz i dont have money and more importantly i've had enough in the last two weeks from crowds and loud pop music. I only managed to say i only go to the pub with them but not to the club after. I tried to explain why the prospect of disco music and dancing does not make me happy, i'm not sure they get it, but they were in a peaceful mood so i didn't have to start the "what about you going to really loud rock concerts 3 times in two weeks" thing, they just let me drink my beer and go home.
Life's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment